Vastu Shastra is a science mentioned in the Vedas and dates back to more than 4000 years. The word ‘Vastu’ means Habitat and ‘Shastra’ stands for Science. It is an architectural science which provides a vast reservoir of knowledge focusing on reducing the negative energy in and around premises and boosting the positivity.
Vastu Shastra, commonly called as ‘Vastu,’ provides a unique guideline for architectural structures based on their purpose or usage.
Here are a few recommendations dictated by Vastu Shastra for offices, shops and other such workplaces:
For direction facing (entrance) of the premises
- Vastu recommends that the opening of your business should either face north or east. These directions bring in positive energy and prosperity. Every direction provides its power to the workplace. West and south side opening are not suitable for businesses as they bring instability.
- The entrance of the workplace should be obstruction free so that there is no hindrance in the path of growth.
- The entryway should never have water stagnation or a drainage opening in front of the entrance. Also, the floor of the premises should never have a slope toward the door.
- It’s essential to make sure that the entrance door and other windows don’t make creaking noise during opening or closing.
For the shape of the premises
- The design of the office should always be symmetric, and four-walled shapes like square and rectangle are auspicious.
- Irregular or asymmetrical shop design is usually not advantageous.
For sitting arrangement and Placement of furniture
- Placing the idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi on the premises brings success. The northeast corner of the premises is the most auspicious place for setting the Idols.
- The sitting arrangement for employees in the north and east parts of the office is favored.
- The office of the owner can be positioned in the south or southwest part of the premises. But the sitting position should be such that it is facing north or east.
- There should not be any seating arrangement under a beam. Sitting under a beam brings evil thoughts and a lack of creativity.
- Racks and closets should be put in southwest pas of the shop/office.
Institute of Vedic Astrology provides professional education and training in Vastu Shastra. Currently, the institute offers a one-year Postgraduate Diploma Course in Vedic Vastu for the professionals who want to attain a deeper understanding of the subject. A short-term diploma course of six-months is also offered which helps in creating the knowledge of the principles of Vastu science and its extensive applications.
Our courses provide many benefits, such as:
- All our faculty members are highly qualified and have vast experience in teaching Vastu.
- Our teaching structure focuses most on creating an understanding of the subject which enables the students to learn the practical applications swiftly.
- Vastu is a prominent field, and there are many employment opportunities in this field. Our courses help in keeping you ahead of the competition and maximize the available opportunities.
Want to know Indian Astrology? Find the Institute of Vedic Astrology Reviews at Facebook and Google Plus.