© Institute Of Vedic Astrology LLP
This document describes the policies of the Institute of Vedic Astrology LLP (hereinafter referred to as the “Institute”) and associated administrative procedures for copyrightable materials and other intellectual property. Its objectives are:
- to enable the Institute to foster free and creative expression and exchange of ideas;
- to protect the Institute’s assets and provide for proper dissemination of knowledge; and
- provide guidance to students and other users so that their actions are in light with copyright law and policies.
II. OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT
A. Copyright on the Website and materials on the Website
- The copyright of our website, www.ivaindia.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) as well as the material on the Website including without limitation to the concepts, text, code, graphics, videos, audio podcasts, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on the Website lies with the Institute.
- The information on the Website was created to the best of our knowledge and belief and is for general informational purposes only. Although the Institute endeavors to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and reliable, the Institute accepts no responsibility for the suitability of the information and services contained on this Website or obtained through this Website, or for any results obtained through your use of this Website.
- No reproduction of any part of the Website may be sold or distributed for commercial purposes, or modified or incorporated into any other work, publication or website in paper or electronic form, including publications on other websites. The Website may contain our service marks or trademarks and those of our affiliates or other companies in the form of words, graphics and logos. The Institute does not award you any rights in relation to the Website or the content on this Website. Your use of the Website or blog or the services of the Institute does not constitute any right or license to use our service marks or trademarks without the prior written permission of the Institute. The Institute reserves all rights.
B. Copyright on course material
- Course Materials includes all materials prepared for use in teaching, fixed or unfixed, in any form, including, but not limited to, digital, print, audio, visual, or any combination thereof. Course materials include, but are not limited to, lectures, lecture notes, and materials, syllabi, study guides, bibliographies, visual aids, images, diagrams, multimedia presentations, web-ready content, and educational software. The copyright in teaching and learning materials belongs to the Institute. These materials will therefore be retained by and can be used and, if deemed necessary, updated by the Institute for educational, research, and administrative purposes.
- All Course Material provided to students as a part of their curriculum or on this Website is owned by the Institute. It may not be reproduced, copied, changed or adapted in any way without the written consent of the Institute. Materials in any course are protected by the law of copyright applicable in India. Course materials are presented in an educational context for personal use and study and should not be shared, distributed, or sold in print—or digitally—outside the course without express written permission of the Institute.
- You may read the course material for non-commercial, personal, or educational purposes only, provided that you do not modify it and use it only for the duration of this course. Beyond this use, no material from the course may be copied, reproduced, re-published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without the permission of the Institute. The Institute assumes no responsibility for individuals who improperly use copyrighted material.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. No one has the right to, except with the express written permission of the Institute to distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor can it be transmitted or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- The ability of a student to post or link to copyrighted material is also governed by the law of copyright in India. The Institute reserves the right to delete or disable any post or link if in their judgment it would involve violation of copyright law.
C. Copyright over Video Lectures
- To ensure the free and open discussion of ideas, students may not record classroom lectures, discussion and/or activities without the advance written permission of the Institute, and any such recording properly approved in advance can be used solely for the student’s own private use.
- The lectures and course materials presented during the lectures, including presentations, tests, exams, outlines, and similar materials, are protected by copyright. The Institute is the exclusive owner of copyright in those materials. Students are encouraged to take notes and make copies of course materials for their own educational use. However, they may not, nor may knowingly allow others to reproduce or distribute lecture notes and course materials publicly without the express written consent of the Institute. This includes providing materials to commercial course material suppliers and other similar services. Students who publicly distribute or display or help others publicly distribute or display copies or modified copies of video lectures or course material would be in violation of the copyright laws.
- Students are not allowed to sell notes or being paid for taking notes by any person or commercial firm without the express written permission of the Institute. In addition, students are not authorized to provide class notes or other class-related materials to any other person or entity, other than sharing them directly with another student taking the class for purposes of studying, without prior written permission from the Institute.
Hence, subject to any express written consent provided by the Institute,
- (a) the Institute owns and controls all the copyright and other intellectual property rights on the Website and the course materials; and
- (b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our Website and the course materials are reserved. The Website and its content is copyright of the Institute. All rights reserved.
III. UNACCEPTABLE USE
You must not:
- use Website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the Website;
- use our Website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent. The automated and/or systematiccollection of data from this Website including scraping of the Website for specific content such as e-mail addresses, keywords etc. is strictly prohibited;
- use data collected from our Website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing);
- pass on any text or graphics to third parties without the express written consent of the Institute. In addition, you may not copy the information and distribute it on another server, nor modify or reuse texts or graphics on this or any other system without the written consent of the Institute; and
- use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our Website, or in relation to our Website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
IV. ENFORCEMENT OF COPYRIGHT
The Institute takes protection of our copyright very seriously and any activity described herein and carried out either overtly or covertly is construed as copyright infringement. If the Institute discovers that you have used copyright materials in contravention of this Copyright Policy, the Institute may bring legal proceedings against you, seeking monetary damages and / or an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
V. REPORT ABUSE
If you find any unlawful material or activity on the Website, or any material or activity that breaches this notice, please let us know. You can let us know about any such material or activity by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on our website by sending us an email at email@example.com.